Evercor is one of the fastest-growing facility maintenance providers in the Northeast. We are a self-performing facility maintenance company seeking an experienced HR Generalist to assist the HR and Operations team in recruiting full-time and seasonal workers. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent customer service skills, a collaborative work style, and a focus on effective communication with internal and external business partners. You will have full support from our management team and be working alongside leaders with years of knowledge and experience in the facility maintenance industry. We operate 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, servicing some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the country.
Reports To: Director of HR
Evercor Facility Management is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates for this position are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in general HR functions and payroll for a company with 150+ employees.
- Demonstrated mathematical and communications proficiency.
- 3-5 year’s experience using HRIS systems/applicant tracking software.
- Experience in a facility management or service industry environment (preferred).
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Process payroll on a weekly basis for temporary and company employees.
- Calculate and deduct appropriate amounts from payroll checks, including tax withholdings, and other garnishments.
- Verify all overtime hours with appropriate management personnel prior to processing payroll.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed punches.
- Assist with managing staffing needs of all temporary and company positions
- Assist with recruitment tasks (create job descriptions, source appropriate job posting site, post position, review resumes, schedule interviews, applicant travel arrangements, reference checks, etc.)
- Complete all onboarding paperwork with all employees along with maintaining HR folders in compliance with all legal requirements.
- Familiarity with importing employee information into applicant tracking systems and HRIS systems.
- Assists with benefits administration to include open enrollment, benefit onboarding, claims resolution, change reporting, terminations and additions.
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking and logging all applicant documentation (personnel file, I-9 file, medical file, benefit file, payroll file,etc.)
- All other duties assigned.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Docs or similar applications (Word, Excel, Calendar, Contacts, Power point).
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
- High degree of integrity; practice of maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and prioritize in a demanding, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Ability to travel to our different regional offices (Allentown, Kutztown, Wyoming, Lancaster areas) for training and job fairs.
- Availability on weekends for job fairs and other recruiting/HR events.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other HRIS systems.